Responsive email is no longer optional
Why responsive email are so important? Smartphones and tablets can no longer be ignored by Fashion & Luxury brands. They represent a massive part of all email interactions. Even if a purchase isn’t completed via mobile, the customers has done some research on their mobile device.
Few numbers to highlight the phenomenon:
- 42% of emails opened on mobile devices*
- Mobile email opens have increased 894% since 2011*
- 80% of users delete an email if it doesn’t look good on mobile
- Design a simple layout
- Keep the width to a minimum of 320px to 600px
- Keep the text to a minimum of 13pt and line spacing at 1,5
- Make buttons bigger to be easily tapped
- Make images for hd (retina) display
- Use a pre-header and limit subject lines to 30 characters
- Put the navigation in the footer
- Test your responsive email design
From analysis conducted by Contactlab and Exane BNP Paribas however there are few brands form the Fashion&Luxury industry that send a responsive email to their users, among these: Céline, Balenciaga, Bulgari, Burberry, Cartier, Dior, Fendi, Prada and Ralph Lauren.
This post will give you instructions… what are you waiting?
In the next post I will discuss about a brands mentioned above…
*from Contactlab platform (currently 80m of email sent per day)